How to fix Arris NBN modem, no power

This morning I turn on the PC and there is no internet. The NBN box has been shut down.
I check the electrical connections, everything looks OK. I try another power plug 12V 2A, but again nothing.

To open the box, it is necessary to disconnect it and unscrew only one screw on the backside.

With a small narrow screwdriver or a knife, separate the two sides of the box. At the same time, it is also necessary to peel off the white data label at the bottom, or at least 1/2 of the label so that the two sides can be separated.

The whole printed circuit board inside the box can be pulled out, as there are no screws to hold it in place. Next to the 12V socket, there is a small black part marked as 240V 1A. It is a fuse, for short circuit protection.
It is necessary to replace that part or connect a 1A-2A wire to its contacts on the bottom side. These are the thinnest wires from small cables and electronic devices. Remove only one thread from the cable and connect it there. It would be best to solder it, but if you don’t have a soldering iron, then find another solution to reconnect the blown fuse.

Of course, this solution is only if you don’t want to wait a few days for the company to come to replace your old broken modem with a new one. I didn’t want to wait a few days and decided to share my knowledge with you. Sorry I couldn’t show pictures from inside the box because I already fixed the problem and closed the box. If this helped you just click like, and that is it.

1 Like